Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Homemade Oreos

So, everyone seems to have tried these...I finally decided i would see what all the rage was about.. after having my cherry gelato "mishap" i decided to go back to baking things. The cookies didn't turn out too bad, if you like really small cookies. I would suggest taking them out a little early so the cookies are softer and easier to eat in the end. I don't know if I was having a bad baking day, the recipe wasn't the greatest, or what the problem was. The cookies turned out fairly hard and made them hard to eat in my opinion. My brother, who usually likes chocolate stuff didn't even finish the little one he ate. The frosting needs work, it just doesn't seem like an "Oreo frosting." It was a very "fluffy" frosting and just didn't seem like it should be on an Oreo. On the plus side, though, these were some of the easiest cookies i have ever made, they had no flour and didn't stick to the bowl when i was forming the cookies. If you want a calorie conscious cookie, (who in the world would want that anyway?!) these are definitely not the cookie for you, they are absolutely loaded with sugar and butter!

So, all in all I give this recipe a 4.5... the flavors all went well together, they just didn't turn out the way I would have wished they would. The ease of the cookie makes this a beginner cooking level. Just make sure you have the time and patience to assemble the cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment